Why Support Big Aussie Barbie?
A prostate cancer diagnosis is a cause of shock to 54 Australian men each day and also the many people who love them. No other cancer affects more Australian men and yet in far too many cases, men live with long-lasting impacts on physical and mental well-being and often fail to seek or find help or support. And very sadly, every day a permanent hole is left in nine Australian families when they lose a man they love to this insidious disease.
As Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA), we are working tirelessly to change this because we believe men and their families deserve better. That's why we ask for your support!
Please help us fund life-saving research and provide vital support to the many men affected by prostate cancer.
Big Aussie Barbie is a great way to get people together, whether with friends, family or colleagues and raise some vital funds. So fire up the barbie this BBQ season and join us in our pursuit of a healthier and happier future for all Australian men.
How can you get involved?
- Sign up to register your BBQ
- Invite friends, family, neighbours and work colleagues to come along to your Big Aussie Barbie
- Collect donations - no matter how big or small
- Follow PCFA's Facebook, Twitter and Instagram to get all the latest Big Aussie Barbie news
- Inspire others by sharing your own Big Aussie Barbie photos with #BigAussieBarbie
- Remember to serve lean meats, fresh salads and vegetables and keep the consumption of processed meats and alcohol to a minimum